Support SPARC’s mission to promote, preserve, and produce public art
You are the spark that empowers creativity.
SPARC is founded on the premise that art empowers communities to advocate for a just and equitable world. We are committed to advancing the work of artists and activists, and providing opportunities for the next generation of arts leaders to create transformative public art. SPARC was founded in 1976 by muralist/UCLA Professor, Judith F. Baca, painter, Christina Schlesinger, and filmmaker, Donna Deitch. Over the past 40 years, SPARC has continued to produce artworks that amplify the voices of diverse communities. Today, SPARC artists use cutting-edge technology in the UCLA@SPARC Digital/Mural Lab to produce innovative and socially engaged artworks.
Your support helps us to
- Grow our Arts Education program in underserved LAUSD schools, which currently serves over 800 youth in Watts, Mid City, and the San Fernando Valley
- Train the next generation of socially engaged muralists and artists
- Exhibit contemporary social activist artwork by emerging and established artists
- Preserve and Conserve the legacy of community-based murals in Los Angeles
- Advise and provide resources to muralists, scholars, and community organization
- Protect artist rights and freedom of expression as it relates to murals and public art
- Serve our local community by providing artist-led workshops and performances
Thank you for your support!
Donations of $500 or more are tax deductible and receive a thank you letter from the SPARC team.